GHAA Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GHAA Forum

Communication Platform of GHAA

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mother's wishes

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Clayton Hilliard
Part-time God / Admin
Part-time God / Admin
Clayton Hilliard

Number of posts : 571
Registration date : 2007-07-05

Mother's wishes Empty
PostSubject: Mother's wishes   Mother's wishes EmptySat Jul 07, 2007 1:32 pm

As I have no way of checking what the current wishes of the game are, can someone please provide the list with ALL the wishes she has?

I will then comment on them, and explain how and when it's best to do it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.popomundo.com/common/CharacterDetails.asp?action=view
Gordon H

Mother's wishes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mother's wishes   Mother's wishes EmptySat Jul 07, 2007 1:38 pm

1. Join or create an Artist

Dear Gordon. It breaks my heart that you don’t wish to pursue a career in medicine or law. To get started with your artist career you should join or create an artist. At least it’s better than living your life as a couch potato. Go to your career page.

2. Go to the nearest Park

You are watching too much television dear. Go get yourself some fresh air in the nearest park. Simply click through the city page until you get to a park; once you’ve located it, click on “Move your Character Here”. That’s the way you move around in the world.

3. Get a job

The easiest way to get a job and earn yourself some cash is to look in the Classifieds section in your local edition of It’s Pop. If there aren’t any jobs available in your city you might want to consider going down to your local City Hall and sign up for welfare.

4. Compose a song

Your father sang me a wonderful song once. It was soooo romantic. He was quite the charmer, your old man. Perhaps you could write a song about me and all the wonderful times we’ve shared...

To write a good song, you need to put some time and effort into it. After you've been to your song page and created a new song, you will have to spend some real time improving it. This is done by going to your character priorities page and changing your career mission to Compose music. After a day or so, you will get a diary event saying you've spent time working on your music. That will complete this wish.

5. Read It's Pop

I can’t afford a subscription to the local magazine since the rent went up. But I’m sure you can find a copy lying around somewhere on the town. It’s the best place to get the latest news on what’s going down in our neck of the woods. Why don’t you take a look at it?
Back to top Go down
Gordon H

Mother's wishes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mother's wishes   Mother's wishes EmptySat Jul 07, 2007 1:40 pm

6. Read the rules of conduct

I am seriously concerned about your manners. Read the rules of conduct which you find in the help section. And look at me when I am talking to you! What would your father say…?

7. Join a Forum

Your friends called and asked me to tell you about this really interesting discussion they have going on at something called The Forum. They said it’s a place where you can write what’s on your mind and share your thoughts with the rest of the world. Sounds like a house of ill repute to me - or a place for spreading vile gossip… Please don’t go there. I won’t lose my little Gordon to such things.

8. Go shopping

Sometimes when you feel sad or stressed, the best way to cure it can be to spend some of your spare time shopping. I think you should try that, Gordon. However, please note that going to the nearest shop to purchase an item isn't the same thing as spending your spare time shopping. Read the rules about priorities carefully; it's the key to managing your character successfully.

9. Give someone an item

The amount of stuff your tiny body can carry is limited. Sometimes you have to leave stuff behind. Make sure you drop things inside your home or otherwise you will lose them forever. Just make sure you keep your room neat and tidy. I won’t have any trash lying around the home. If you want to give someone an item you must be in the same locale as that person.

10. Travel with an airplane

As much as I like having you around the house I think it’s time for you to broaden your horizons a bit. Go down to your local airport and buy a ticket to a new city. You never know what’s waiting for you there.
Back to top Go down
Gordon H

Mother's wishes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mother's wishes   Mother's wishes EmptySat Jul 07, 2007 1:41 pm

11. Read the Travellers Guide

Your great grandpa was surely a globetrotter. In my opinion, knowledge of geography is very important. Take a look at the travellers guide to find out more about this world. You’ll find it in the community section.

12. Stay at a Hotel

Make sure you stay in a decent hotel when you travel out of town. In your artist's preferences, you can select the type of accommodations you’re aiming for. And make sure you have enough cash with you when you travel - it would break my heart if you ended up homeless somewhere while you’re away.

13. Look at Competition page

Of course I think you are the brightest star in the whole wide world. But perhaps you should remind everyone else of how great you are... Winning competitions can earn you both money and fame… I sure could use some trophies for the wall and some extra cash for groceries.

The competitions can be found in the community section. Please go look one up to see what it's all about.

14. Tag your items to prevent theft

A long time ago, someone stole a brooch from me. This devastated me since I treasured it very much. Visit any Police Department and have all your items marked with a tag that identifies you as the owner. Then, you will get the items back if the police catch the thief.

15. Look at VIP page

The nice landlord dropped by the other day to see how I was doing. He’s such a nice person. He really cares about the world he lives in. I’ve heard he’s a VIP. It seems as if all nice persons are VIP these days. I wonder what it means… please Gordon, won’t you go to the VIP page and tell me all about it.
Back to top Go down
Simon Sadler
Holy Kitty
Holy Kitty
Simon Sadler

Number of posts : 443

Mother's wishes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mother's wishes   Mother's wishes EmptySat Jul 07, 2007 1:45 pm

Need any help with the rest of that?
Back to top Go down
http://www230.popomundo.com/Common/CharacterDetails.asp?action=v
Gordon H

Mother's wishes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mother's wishes   Mother's wishes EmptySat Jul 07, 2007 1:46 pm

And the one's im on:

1. Complete a Jam Session

Practice make perfect dear Gordon. Get your butt down to a Jam Place and book a time to rehearse. Make sure you stay there for the whole session if you want it to be effective. And don’t spend this time flirting with friends instead of practicing. It will ruin your music!

2. Perform a show

Gordon!!! Why are you just sitting in your room playing your song to no-one but yourself? Book a time and place to perform your music. If you don’t get any invitations you can always look in It’s Pop for clubs with open bookings. I’m sick of having you eating my cookies and drinking my tea at home all day.

3. Give someone a hug

Someday Gordon I will be gone but I am sure you’ll get by with a little help from your friends. If you want to give someone a hug you must first become friends with the person and start working on your relationship.

4. Learn a new skill

My mother always told me about the value of a good education. And she was so right. Why don’t you buy a book and start learning a new skill? Nobody likes an uneducated simpleton.

5. Move to a new Apartment

I love you Gordon but I think you should get a place of your own. I want to move to Florida and I can’t while you’re still living at home. To rent an apartment just go to City Hall and talk to the receptionist. Make sure you can pay the weekly rent, though. Otherwise you will lose your contract and destroy our family's good reputation.

after this, there is one more left(cause if you count them all on these posts, there's 20, and obviously, the last one must be the task where you get to pick a skill to learn from mom. if yall want, ill post it on here as soon as i get it.
Back to top Go down
Gordon H

Mother's wishes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mother's wishes   Mother's wishes EmptySat Jul 07, 2007 1:56 pm

Simon Sadler wrote:
Need any help with the rest of that?
lol. no, i think i've got them covered. i need to help with something around here anyways.
Back to top Go down
Simon Sadler
Holy Kitty
Holy Kitty
Simon Sadler

Mother's wishes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mother's wishes   Mother's wishes EmptySat Jul 07, 2007 2:00 pm

Well, there's one last one...

Recieve a skill

It's nice to see that you're pursuing your dreams <character>. Is there anything I can help you with? I was quite the artist in my day; Edith Piaff had nothing on me... All the young soldiers of the Great War swooned over me.
Back to top Go down
Gordon H

Mother's wishes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mother's wishes   Mother's wishes EmptySat Jul 07, 2007 2:02 pm

what task did you do to get that?

EDIT: oh, wai, yeah. you learned history of modern rock from a book right? tht's must be how you got it.
Back to top Go down
Simon Sadler
Holy Kitty
Holy Kitty
Simon Sadler

Mother's wishes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mother's wishes   Mother's wishes EmptySat Jul 07, 2007 2:21 pm

Nope. I just read a wiki.
Back to top Go down
Gordon H

Mother's wishes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mother's wishes   Mother's wishes EmptySat Jul 07, 2007 2:24 pm

:/ :affraid:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mother's wishes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mother's wishes   Mother's wishes Empty

Back to top Go down

Mother's wishes
Page 1 of 1