GHAA Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GHAA Forum

Communication Platform of GHAA

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

about band members

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ethel Murray
decent member
decent member
Ethel Murray

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2007-07-06

about band members Empty
PostSubject: about band members   about band members EmptyFri Sep 21, 2007 6:48 pm

It sucks that I even have to ask this question but, is it possible to get rid of members in the midst of a tour without wrecking the entire thing?

Also, if you do fire someone will you be able to eventually hire them back?
Back to top Go down
Leo Metcalfe
Wonderkid
Wonderkid
Leo Metcalfe

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2007-07-05

about band members Empty
PostSubject: Re: about band members   about band members EmptySat Sep 22, 2007 9:08 am

I believe it`s no big deal

The popularity is associated with the BAND (the name). Even if you left the band, it wouldn`t hurt it`s popularity.

And yes, you could hire them back
Back to top Go down
Ethel Murray
decent member
decent member
Ethel Murray

about band members Empty
PostSubject: Re: about band members   about band members EmptySat Sep 22, 2007 12:57 pm

Thanks Leo Smile

I've already become a solo artist again. The pressure was just too much for the other two and our shows were getting worse instead of better. This show that I just finished alone was better than all of the ones we'd done together.
Back to top Go down
Andrew Cullen
decent member
decent member
Andrew Cullen

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2007-07-30

about band members Empty
PostSubject: Re: about band members   about band members EmptySun Sep 23, 2007 2:27 am

You must give others the chance to improve their skills as well, don't you? I recently joined Flawed on the road, and our bandleader gives me the chance to skill up. Have to mention I don't lower the show's quality though Razz
Back to top Go down
Ethel Murray
decent member
decent member
Ethel Murray

about band members Empty
PostSubject: Re: about band members   about band members EmptySun Sep 23, 2007 7:07 am

Lol, that must be a plus for them ;P

That is another reason I decided to have them go back to NY and get their health/mood back up and learn how to alternate between that and skilling. They were both in a rush to join the band and do the tour but they don't really know the prerequisites of the game and all.

Don't worry, I'm not completely heartless
Back to top Go down
Andrew Cullen
decent member
decent member
Andrew Cullen

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2007-07-30

about band members Empty
PostSubject: Re: about band members   about band members EmptySun Sep 23, 2007 8:58 am

They've got to be fully motivated ye. If they aren't, you got a point sending them back Smile.
Back to top Go down
Leo Metcalfe
Wonderkid
Wonderkid
Leo Metcalfe

about band members Empty
PostSubject: Re: about band members   about band members EmptyTue Oct 09, 2007 4:53 am

Main reason why I'm touring alone...
Back to top Go down
Ethel Murray
decent member
decent member
Ethel Murray

about band members Empty
PostSubject: Re: about band members   about band members EmptyFri Oct 12, 2007 7:49 am

Yes, touring alone is a lot more comfortable for me. And I have found out that my friends are doing their own things now as well and seem to be better off.
Back to top Go down
Jerry Clarke
Wonderkid
Wonderkid
Jerry Clarke

Number of posts : 195

about band members Empty
PostSubject: Re: about band members   about band members EmptySat Oct 13, 2007 9:24 am

that's what i do, it's been great. not having to rely on other members to perform, jam, and have the necessary skills is a breath of fresh air.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/riggsley
Ethel Murray
decent member
decent member
Ethel Murray

about band members Empty
PostSubject: Re: about band members   about band members EmptySat Oct 13, 2007 3:10 pm

Exactly! Constantly jamming but never reaching 100% because one of the others didn't make it was beyond frustrating and they always expected to get a cut from each show which made it take longer to be able to get things for the band.

Not even a month after becoming solo I have my own transportation, extra money for jamming and so on and a slowly building rep that I am satisfied with. It's just overall better to be a solo artist.
Back to top Go down
Leo Metcalfe
Wonderkid
Wonderkid
Leo Metcalfe

about band members Empty
PostSubject: Re: about band members   about band members EmptyMon Oct 15, 2007 9:03 am

I think it could also depend on the commitment with the project, anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

about band members Empty
PostSubject: Re: about band members   about band members Empty

Back to top Go down

about band members
Page 1 of 1